Tuesday, January 19, 2010

L'Officiel - Art Gallery / Museum Guide

If you're into art and you're in Paris for a week (or more) I would highly recommend purchasing a little magazine called "L'Officiel - Galeries & Musées." You can find it at tabacs or possibly even bookstores like the Fnac (I'll double check this next time I go). Right now it costs 3.50 euro, and it spans two months - worthy investment, I think, but you can always do the flip-through-and-jot-things-down if you're short on change.

It has a pretty exhaustive listing of the galleries in Paris and maps for your gallery-hopping needs. Towards the end, you'll find a complete listing of art museums and their ongoing expositions (including addresses and opening times of the museums). I'm pretty excited, I just bought the first today... think I might indeed absorb some art this weekend.

The website of the magazine is also here:
http://www.officiel-galeries-musees.com/web/

In fact, now that I'm looking through the website it looks like they have all of the information posted (minus the articles in the front) so it might not even be worth buying unless you want a handy guide to take with you on strolls. :) But do look out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment